Showcase Performer Page
*Thank you so much for your interest in performing in the show! Please EMAIL IONA to request a performance slot PRIOR to sending any information.*
Email the Following to Iona by November 1st, 2018:
- Dancer or Troupe Name [the name(s) you want announced and in print]
- Song Title & Duration
- Dance Style or Genre
- Props, if any
- MP3 attachment
- Short Bio (2-3 sentences please).
- Students or those unknown to the Louisiana community without a website must also submit a performance video link.
- This showcase is for workshop participants. You MUST be registered for at least one workshop class to participate in the Show.
- Any music accompanist must pay for 1 show admission ticket, if NOT a participant of the workshop.
- Performances limited to 4 minutes or less. It will be a full show, so please don't ask for an exception.
- Hoop fire/poi is not permitted. Candelabra, palm candles, LED, and tea light trays are allowed.
- Performances will occur with lighting appropriate for video/photography, or dimmed for candle performances as desired. Thank you to Kyle McDermot for the lovely photos and video at our Shimmy Showcase 2018 in March!
If you must miss the deadline for sending items, please contact IONA asap. Life gets in the way of our plans to dance sometimes, but do stay in communication.
On the Date of the Fall Showcase: Saturday November 10, 2018
- Try to arrive between 6:45-7:15pm if you dance before intermission. Arrive no later than 8pm if you dance after intermission.
- Sign in on the performer list that will be posted near the stage entrance. Troupe leaders: you are responsible for your peeps.
- Provide or confirm that the sound tech has your music before the show begins. SOUND TECH: Chuck Booksh.
- Be aware that doors open at 7:30pm and show will start at 8pm.
- Please wear cover-ups when walking around the audience area; they're not needed if you are side stage about to perform.
- Try to be "at places" near the stage 2 songs prior to your dance slot.
- Exercise graciousness by sharing space and helping sister or brother dancers near you. We are all in this together! xoxo